Air Condition and Furance Tune-ups
Regular maintenance for your HVAC units is vital if you don’t know. The people who don’t get this are often those whose systems unexpectedly break down. This scenario leaves many people without any heating or air conditioning during some of the most uncomfortable times of the year.
It only costs a small amount of money to schedule a professional tune-up. The return on your investment can be huge. Besides helping avoid unexpected breakdowns, tune-ups are necessary for helping your unit recover lost efficiency, operate more safely, increase the overall lifespan of the unit, improve your overall level of comfort, and reduce your operating expenses.
Ideally, your heating and air conditioning system should be inspected at least once a year.
At times some of our clients ask, “Is an AC tune up necessary?” Your cooling and heating system is a major investment for your home and your comfort.
The many years of experience have tough us well. We strongly recommend having your air conditioning system inspected, and preventative maintenance performed each season to keep your system running right all year round.
What’s included in an AC tune-up? A complete AC tune-up includes all these services for one low price:
- Inspect coolant levels and pressure. This is important to ensure your system runs at peak efficiency
- Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature to improve comfort and control
- Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays. This helps you to avoid expensive repairs
- Ensure the evaporator coil is clean
- Ensure the condensate drain is clear
- Inspect and clean the condenser
- Check the outdoor disconnect
- Check the condenser fan motor and blades; lubricate if needed
- Check compressor amps at startup
- Plus more safety and efficiency checks
Furnace Tune Up
Furnace breakdowns can be reduced! Make sure it runs efficiently is with yearly scheduled tune-ups. Just like any mechanical equipment, the life of a furnace will be extended with preventive maintenance, which ensures that all the elements of the unit are working correctly.
Also, regular cleanings can help pinpoint issues before they become significant problems. You can avoid eventual loss of heat during the winter and high-cost repairs by scheduling an annual furnace tune-up.
What Does a Furnace Tune-Up Include?
For maximum value, you want a service provider like us (company name) that offers a complete tune-up package that will verify all aspects of your furnace and venting. As you consider scheduling your furnace tune-up, make sure that the city area HVAC Company will provide:
This service includes a full visual and points review to check all the working parts of your furnace and duct system. Our experienced service technician should be able to identify any concerns or signs of excessive wear during this review.
Like most of the mechanical equipment, lubrication is very essential. Mechanical equipment needs lubrication to prevent friction between the operating parts. Your equipment tune-up should include a complete lubrication.
Pilot and gas pressure evaluation
As part of your tune-up, adjustments should be made to the pilot and gas pressure as needed to return these elements to manufacturer specifications.
A comprehensive furnace tune-up should include a standard 1” filter replacement with your service. Most furnace filters need to be changed at least every 3 months, which can improve efficiency and prevent operational complications.
Quality HVAC companies will also give you their analysis in writing or on the receipt with your tune-up, including their professional maintenance suggestions for the next year. This important information can help you determine the current condition of your furnace and outline ways to lower your energy bills.
This annual service can significantly improve the performance of your furnace, plus ready you to any possible issues before you and your family wake up to a freezing house some your city evening. Try to hire a company that offers a full-service tune-up to cover all possible issues to keep your furnace running great all year round. We are that company!
These are just a few of the standard checks that should be performed by a reliable HVAC technician. However, our company offers a full check-up to help ensure your system is operating efficiently and reliably.
Upon completion, your service technician will present an AC Tune-Up Checklist and share any recommendations and potential concerns about your air conditioning system.
Protect your HVAC investment with regular heating and air conditioner maintenance under our Home Service Plan.
Rancho Cucamonga HVAC Tune-ups
We cannot stress how important it is to keep up with your heating and cooling system. You should have your unit tuned-up one to two times per year. Call the professionals at Rancho Cucamonga Heating and Air Conditioning for our precision HVAC tune-ups, which will save you money on your energy bills by maintaining and increasing the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning equipment.
Why are HVAC Tune-ups Important?
If you don’t know this already, regular maintenance for your heating and air conditioning unit is very important. The ones who fail to realize this are often those people who have systems that unexpectedly break down, leaving them without any heating or air conditioning during some of the most uncomfortable times of year.
If you run your air conditioning all summer long it will eventually suffer some type of wear. If you don’t want to replace your system anytime soon, we recommended calling us immediately for routine maintenance.
Our tune-ups are designed to keep your heating & cooling system running smoothly throughout the year and ensure the purity of your indoor air. Regularly scheduled system maintenance can save you a ton of money in the long run.
Our skilled technicians will thoroughly inspect your unit from top to bottom for any irregularities. We will ensure your system is running at its full capacity.
HVAC inspections may include:
- Checking and balancing the fan motor
- Comprehensive cleaning of the condenser coils
- Replacing the air filter
- Evaluation of the coolant level
- Full calibration of the thermostat
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Inspection of air ducts for leaks
- Checking the condition of the blower belt
- Measuring voltage of the blower motor
- Checking for proper air return
- Inspection of electrical wiring
- Inspection of all fittings for leaks
- Inspection of the fan blade for damage
- Indoor air quality check
Benefits of HVAC Tune-ups
SoCal summers are undoubtedly hot. Our thorough inspections will ensure that your cooling system is ready to handle the upcoming summer temperatures. The benefits having of an AC tune-up are endless.
This will help see to it that your system runs without any hiccups. A tune-up that is done by one of our professional HVAC techs, will help to prevent all of the following:
- Expensive out of pocket repairs
- Complete system failure
- Costly replacements
A new air conditioner can run anywhere from $3,000 all the way up to $8,000 without labor costs. This is why it is imperative that we protect our investments.
What Can I Do to Keep My Heating and Cooling System Running Properly?
While the things that have been mentioned here should be completed by a trained HVAC specialist, there are some things you can do to help your system run at its optimal capacity.
- Change the air filter. The filter should be changed every 1-3 months. This is something most people can do themselves; however, if you are unable or feel like you may forget, setting up regular filter changes with our company may be beneficial to you. Advanced filtration systems have longer life spans and are usually maintained by HVAC professionals.
- Keep supply and return vents clear. Always make sure that your supply and return vents stay clear from items or blockages. Regardless if these end up blocked by something unintentionally or closed on purpose, it could wreak havoc on your system. This can in fact lead to blower motor problems, mold growth, decreased airflow, duct leakage, refrigerant leaks, cracks in your heat exchanger, and a blown or frozen compressor.
- Keep the exterior condenser free from debris. Things like mowing your lawn or falling leaves can cause debris to collect around the fan cage of your outdoor condenser. When this happens it blocks sufficient air flow, which can cause the unit to freeze over or malfunction. This is a common problem that we see often, which can easily be prevented by routine maintenance. If you notice that your condenser has debris, there are ways you can clean it yourself. First, make sure you shut off the power. One easy way to remove debris is by using a leaf blower or shop vac to remove items. Then you can use your garden hose to wash away any remaining remnants.
- Keep your house free from dust. Of course, a completely dust-free home is impossible, but regular dusting can help a great deal. This will result in a cleaner air filter and cleaner condenser coils. The same goes for cleaning your dryer vent and making sure the exhaust vent is properly attached. You may be surprised, but dryer lint can end up in your air filter and on the condenser coils.
These few small steps can help keep your system in tip-top shop in between your annual tune-up.
Call us today!
While most HVAC repairs require a professional, homeowners can troubleshoot some common problems.
Just know that our trained technicians are always here to help whenever you’re experiencing a problem. Better yet, call to schedule an HVAC maintenance tune-up. Our preventive services are designed to extend the life of your system and help it do the job at maximum efficiency. We serve all of Rancho Cucamonga.
Call Rancho Cucamonga Heat and Air Conditioning today to schedule your HVAC tune-up!